HVAC Controls Technician – Building Automation
BUILDING CONTROL INTEGRATORS (BCI) is a leading DDC contracting company that specializes
in building automation and high-end controls; we have attracted the very best talent with the promise of
progressing and expanding their careers. This team of the “best of the best” is the core of a culture that
encourages each and every team member to improve and grow to their highest level of abilities.
Benefits: You will enjoy a complete benefit package with highly competitive pay, medical, dental,
optical, car allowance, gas card, phone allowance, 401K with company match, quarterly profit sharing,
disability insurance, fitness membership reimbursement, FSA, HSA and tuition reimbursement.
We are currently searching for a Lead HVAC Controls Technician. You will be designing solutions to
advance each client’s operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements.
Do you have these skills and attributes?
Primary Job Duties:
- Determine equipment needs and parts required for customer’s system performance and pro-actively identify problems.
- Provides technical guidance to diagnose control system concerns and ensure occupancy comfort.
- Troubleshoot local controllers, communication wiring, programs, and schedules to identify concerns and determine corrective action.
- Ensures proper set-points, schedules and sequences of operation are correctly programmed.
- Provide timely response to diagnose source of customer concern, analyze system requirements,
test components, and recommend corrective action, including on-call and emergency support as required.
- Perform inspections and preventive maintenance tasks for the control systems including point-to-
point check-out, sensor calibration, and software back-up.
- Ensures proper Measurement and Verification (M&V) equipment functionality, including accurate data recording and storage.
- Coordinates work with other trades.
- Perform installations, start-ups and commissioning as needed.
- Participate in project pre-planning process; leads execution.
- Accountable for developing schedules for multiple projects.Update resource allocations, progress and date changes to publish a weekly master schedule for all active projects.
- Evaluate scope changes, additional work orders and elements.
- Implement and administer field project controls including change order management, productivity
and project closeout.
- Mentors less senior technicians.
- Generation and implementation of control sequences & programming
Technical Skills and Education:
o Experience in building controls and automation, including troubleshooting, diagnosis and
repair of emergency management systems.
o Delta controls experience preferred
o Proficiency with building automation systems for controlling HVAC Systems Working
knowledge of BACnet control systems
o Computer proficiency with MS Office; programming; project start-up, checkout, and
o Valid Drivers’ License issued by state of residence and in good standing.
Personal and Organizational Skills Include:
o Customer focus
o Drive for results
o Priority setting
o Time management
o Solving Problems
o Directing others
o Interpersonal Savvy
If you answered yes to all of the above, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information call Jeff Hill at 614 273 9672..
At BCI, you’ll find more than a job – you’ll find an opportunity for a career complete with marked success
and achievement. And along the way you just might find a place that you call home and friends that will
support and challenge you on a daily basis
EEO: All qualified applicants to Building Control Integrators are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic
Location –Cleveland, OH